Fall is approaching and that means back to school. Use these tips to ensure your dorm room is a stylish and comfortable home away from home.
1. Bed- Make the bed the focal point of the room. Mix and match sheets, blankets, and pillows to create a unique look. This will distinguish your room from others with their matching “bed in a bag” kit.
2. Lighting- Don’t rely on the overhead light in your dorm room. Bring 2-3 lamps into the room to soften the space and create flattering lighting. Add fun lampshades to personalize them!
3. Plants- Dorm rooms can be depressing- cement walls and floor, cots, lots of plastic storage drawers, and cheap futons. Add some life to your environment by bringing in some potted plants or flowers!
4. Craigslist- Browse Craigslist for interesting artwork, guest chairs, or unique accent pieces for your room. Add character to your space without breaking the bank!
5. Flooring- A rug underfoot makes that morning rise and shine a little more comfortable. Even a bathmat can work wonders or go bigger to make the space feel even more homey. Plus a fun pop of color on the floor will tie the whole space together.
6. White Walls- Since most dorm rooms are painted in the same drab off white, get creative to give your walls some personality. Use an over-sized print for a wall mural, hang fabric with a great pattern to create softness or you can even hang removable wallpaper sheets!Back to List of Posts