Summer is the best time of the year for so many wonderful reasons. My favorite is summer produce! Try something new with your squash and whip up this simply delicious double chocolate zucchini bread.
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Position oven rack onto third lowest slot in the oven. Spray loaf pan with nonstick spray or coat with vegetable oil.
2. Put your shredded zucchini on a few paper towels to absorb some of the moisture.
3. Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, instant coffee, and chocolate chips together. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla together until combined. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Fold the zucchini in with a spatula.
5. Pour into baking pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
6. Allow to cool completely in the pan. Slice and serve!Back to List of Posts