What’s the perfect breakfast and dessert snack? Muffins of course! They’re even more delicious with streusel swirl and topping!
- 1/2 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature preferred
- 1/2 cup yogurt*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
1. Preheat oven to 425F degrees and spray two muffin pans with pam of line with cupcake liners.
2. Streusel: Toss together the brown sugar, nuts, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Wet: Use a paddle attachment on a handheld or stand mixer. Beat butter on high speed for 1 minute. Add granulated and brown sugars and beat on high for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Add eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Beat on medium for 1 minute then turn it up to high until combined.
4. Dry: Toss the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and slowly mix with whisk. Add the milk and continue slowly mixing. Fold in the blueberries.
6. Layer 1 tablespoon of batter and then add a little streusel, then more batter repeating the process until all muffin tins are full. Add a little streusel on top of full muffin tins.
7. Bake for 5 minutes on 425F then lower the temperature to 350F degrees and bake for 18-21 minutes. Total time: about 26 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.Back to List of Posts